Are you excited about the Oculus Quest 2? Well, I’ve got good news for you! You can play Steam VR games with an Oculus Quest 2. If you’ve been wanting to check out Steam VR games but needed to wait for another headset, now you can try it out on the Oculus Quest 2. Just keep reading to learn how to play Steam VR games with an Oculus Quest 2.
Steps to Take in a Hurry
- The Oculus PC app can be downloaded through the Steam VR store.
- It’s time to connect the Quest 2 to a PC
- The Oculus PC app’s Desktop menu option can be used to open Steam VR.
- While the Meta Quest 2 series has a huge library of games, they aren’t the only VR experiences available.
After a long wait, we finally got our first taste of standalone VR gaming with Meta Quest 2 (previously Oculus Quest 2). Virtual reality titles like Half-Life Alyx, which can only be found on the Oculus PC app or Steam VR, are included in this category.
Fortunately, Steam VR titles can be played on Meta headsets and Valve Index headsets. So, here’s how to play Steam VR games on a Quest 2
Requirements and Tools
- Steam, Steam VR, and the Oculus App are installed on Windows computers.
- Using an Oculus Quest Link Cable
- Download Steam VR and the Oculus PC app. To download Steam VR you’ll also need the base Steam program installed on your PC.
- Connect your Quest 2 headset to your PC. There are several ways you can do this so rather than take up way too much space here, we’ve separated this step into its own guide. If you need a hand, here’s how to connect your Quest 2 to a PC.
- Slip-on your Quest 2 while it’s connected to your PC and you’ll automatically land in the Oculus PC app. If you aren’t on the home screen already, go to it and along the bottom, you should see a menu with an option for Desktop – it features a symbol shaped like a PC monitor.
This will (unsurprisingly) let you see your desktop, And from here you can open up Steam and then Steam VR so that you play any VR game you own and download others.
It’s as simple as putting on your Oculus Quest 2 while it’s connected to your PC. Make sure you’re on the home screen and you’ll find a menu at the bottom with an option for Desktop, which looks like a PC monitor.
Open up your desktop, and then open up Steam VR from here to play any of your existing virtual reality games and download new ones.
An open-source, community-created application is available that removes the Oculus App’s features and turns your Quest 2 into “an almost-native Steam VR headgear,” making it compatible with the Oculus Rift.
Warning: OculusKiller is extremely effective at what it does. You’ll be unable to launch and leave Oculus games if this option is enabled. If you like to play various PC VR games on Oculus and Steam, you should avoid using this program.
- OculusKiller can be downloaded from GitHub. ItsKaitlyn03, the developer of this open-source program, has made it publicly available. The Oculus PC app must also be installed.
- You can do this by going into Task Manager and disabling OVRService on the Services tab. In Windows, to open Task Manager, press CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneously, and you’ll see an option for Task Manager on the next screen.
Here, click on More information and then select the Services tab from the drop-down menu that appears. When discovering OVR Service, right-click on it and select Stop from the context menu.
Opt for OWS Service in Task Manager using arrow keys
- File Explorer can be opened by copying and pasting the path C:/Program Files/Oculus/Support/oculus-dash/dashbin into the Address Bar and pressing Enter.
- To run the Oculus PC app, we’ll need to change some of the files in the folder you’re led to.
- Open the OculusKiller folder, find ItsKaitlyn03’s replacement OculusDash.exe file, and move it into the same location as the now-renamed original OculusDask.exe. Rename this file to OculusDash.exe.bak.
- Restart the OVR service in Task Manager. Find it as you did previously, but instead of clicking Stop, right-click and select Start.
Without OculusKiller, Steam VR offers some amazing VR experiences.
We won’t be talking about Half-Life: Alyx fast enough. A Quest 2 may not be as immersive as the Valve Index, but it’s still one of the best VR games available today. It has both the usual scientific riddles and zombie-infested death pits.
And No Man’s Sky. Immersion in the action-adventure survival game is almost wonderful in VR. It’s hard to believe you’re not in a galaxy far, far away.
Online Snooker Game with Friends: Where to Play for Free (2022)
Online Snooker is one of the best games to play with friends. You can play this game online and enjoy...
The 15 Best Flight Simulator Games for PS5, PS4, Xbox One & PC
Flight simulation games have been around for years, but they’ve only recently become more accessible due to better technology and...
Google Snake Game: Where to Play Online (2022)
The Google Snake Game is a classic game that was first released in 2017 as a remake of the snake...
10 Best Naked Motorcycles in the World
Motorcycles are a beautiful thing, but they’re even better when they’re naked. The beauty of the naked motorcycle is that...
10 AARP Free Games Available to Play Online with Friends (2022)
AARP Free Games presents an impressive collection of online games. The website hosts various classic titles, including dominoes, blackjack, and...
The Best Pokemon Crystal Cheats (GameShark Codes)
The Pokemon Crystal game is a classic that many players remember playing when they were younger. It’s also a great...
What Channel is the NFL Game on Tonight?
Viewers will have more options than ever to watch NFL games this season. Here’s a breakdown of how you can...
Top 10 Video Games with Nudity in 2022
Regarding video games, nudity and sexuality are usually used to reward players who’ve unlocked certain characters or beaten hidden levels...