There are a lot of great games on the Mac these days, but as more and more game studios embrace console platforms, there are fewer and fewer AAA games on OS X. The good news is that it’s straightforward to play Windows-only games on your Mac without buying a new copy of the game or installing Windows.
You can do this with programs like WineBottler or PlayOnMac (which we’ll cover in detail below). These tools allow you to run Windows applications directly from within macOS. They’re free and relatively simple to use—though there is an initial learning curve before you can get comfortable with them.
Pick up a copy of Boot Camp if you don’t already have it. You can locate this in the Utility folder in OS X.
Boot Camp is a free program that comes with OS X. It’s in the utility folder so that you can locate it quickly. You can also download Boot Camp from Apple’s website. Once downloaded, double-click to install it on your computer—it will ask if you’re sure and then take care of the rest for you!
Boot Camp will guide you through everything needed to install Windows on your Mac. The setup process only takes about 10 minutes and involves choosing which you will use the partition on your hard drive for Windows and which partition for OS X (the Mac operating system). If all goes well, once Windows finishes installing, the two operating systems will run simultaneously on your machine!
Once Boot Camp is downloaded and installed, you can use it to create a partition on your hard drive for Windows.
- Once Boot Camp is downloaded and installed, you can use it to create a partition on your hard drive for Windows.
- When prompted to select which operating system to start from after installing Windows, choose your preferred Windows operating system.
- Restart your Mac while holding down the Command (⌘) key, then follow the onscreen instructions from there to install Windows 10 or another version of Windows that you have previously purchased through Microsoft or acquired through another source (such as an old computer).
Download Steam from SteamPowered.com, install it, and log in with your account.
- Go to SteamPowered.com, click on “Sign up,” and fill out the form with your name and email address.
- Click on “Create account” and wait for the confirmation email to arrive in your inbox (it will have a link to click). Click the link inside the email, log into SteamPowered with your username and password, then click “Accept invitation” at the bottom of the next screen (it should be titled “You have been invited to join this community…”).
- After you’ve accepted an invitation from a friend or colleague who uses Steam (if you’re new), you can log into your account by clicking on “Log In” at the top right corner of any page at www.steampowered.com.
Go to ‘Games’> ‘Add non-Steam games’ to access the file browser for your Mac installation of Windows.
To begin, open Steam and go to ‘Games’> ‘Add non-Steam games.’ A file browser will appear for your Mac installation of Windows. Navigate through the folders until you find the installation directory for PC games already installed on your Mac. Then highlight those applications and click ‘Add selected programs.’ You can select multiple applications at once by holding down ‘Shift’ or ‘Command.’
You can play Steam games from both OS X and Windows simultaneously by downloading Steam and logging into your Steam account while using both operating systems.
If you’re a PC gamer, then you know that Steam is the go-to service for downloading and installing games. The problem with using Steam on Mac is that it doesn’t support OS X by default. However, there are ways you can play your favorite games from both OS X and Windows simultaneously by downloading Steam and logging into your Steam account while using both operating systems.
Steam will sync your game saves and achievements between the two operating systems, so if you have an accomplishment in one operating system’s version of a particular game (say, Call of Duty on Mac), then it should automatically be unlocked when playing on another computer running Windows 10 or 8.1 (or any other version). In addition to syncing your achievements, in many cases linking accounts together under “Community” will mean that any friends list or chatroom contacts will stay consistent across multiple devices as well.”
Boot Camp is an easy way to play PC games on Mac without installing Windows
Boot Camp is an easy way to play PC games on Mac without installing Windows. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and install Boot Camp from the Mac App Store.
- Once installed, click “Download Windows support software.”
- Follow the prompts to select your version of Windows (Windows 7 or later) and download it. This will take some time, depending on how fast your internet connection is – so grab a cup of coffee! You’ll be prompted for your Apple ID at this point; if you don’t have one, create one here first, then log in with that account when prompted again later in step 4 below).
- Once downloaded, open Boot Camp Assistant again by searching for it in Spotlight (cmd + spacebar) and launch it by clicking its icon or name inside the Spotlight results window.
You should now know how to play PC games on your Mac without installing Windows. As a bonus, you can also use this method to run any other Windows application in OS X without installing Windows itself.
So whether you want to play Minecraft or an old classic like the original Command & Conquer, the tips and tricks we have here will show you how to make it happen!
10 Best Time Clocking and Employee Payroll System (2022)
Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, time tracking and payroll systems are the backbones of your business....
Is There a Romance System in Triangle Strategy Game?
The Romance system in the triangle strategy game is exciting to discuss. The triangle is one of the most popular...
The Best Firestick Apps for New Movies (2022)
The Firestick is a fantastic piece of technology. With its development, it has become a best-selling product. It is trendy...
Online Snooker Game with Friends: Where to Play for Free (2022)
Online Snooker is one of the best games to play with friends. You can play this game online and enjoy...
The 15 Best Flight Simulator Games for PS5, PS4, Xbox One & PC
Flight simulation games have been around for years, but they’ve only recently become more accessible due to better technology and...
Google Snake Game: Where to Play Online
The Google Snake Game is a classic game that was first released in 2017 as a remake of the snake...
10 Best Naked Motorcycles in the World
Motorcycles are a beautiful thing, but they’re even better when they’re naked. The beauty of the naked motorcycle is that...
10 AARP Free Games Available to Play Online with Friends (2022)
AARP Free Games presents an impressive collection of online games. The website hosts various classic titles, including dominoes, blackjack, and...