It is understandable why users want to disable automatic updates in Windows 10. If a new update crashes your computer and forces your computer to reboot, that might be inconvenient at best and a disaster at worst (if you’re working on a tight deadline). Luckily, there’s an easy way to turn off auto-updates for all apps on your device. You can stop Windows 10 auto-updates by going into your settings menu. We’ll show you how – just follow the steps below:
Click on the Start Menu and Click on Settings
- Click on the Start menu, then click Settings.
- Click Update & Security and select Windows Update from the left side of the window that opens up.
- On this page, click Advanced options near the bottom of your screen, under “Update settings.”
- In this new window, you’ll see an option to change how long you’d like Windows to wait before automatically downloading updates for all editions except Pro or Enterprise (which have their own settings). You can set it anywhere from 0-120 minutes in 30-minute increments; if you don’t want to wait at all but do want to be able to manually check for updates yourself without having them automatically downloaded as well, set it at 0 minutes so nothing will download until it’s manually checked by clicking Check for updates on this screen (or by going into Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Update).
Click on ‘Update & security and Then Click on Windows Update
- Click on the Start menu and then click on Settings.
- In the Settings window, click on Update & Security and then click on Windows Update.
- If a dialogue box appears asking you to select how often you want to check for updates, choose what is appropriate for your computer (for example, Automatic). Then, click OK twice to close these dialogue boxes.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
The next step is to choose the right option, which you can do by going to “Advanced options”.
You’ll see a window like this:
Here you can turn off Windows Update automatic updates and also set it up so that they will be downloaded but not installed while you’re sleeping.
Uncheck Give Me Updates for Other Microsoft Products When I Update Windows
Uncheck Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
This is the first thing you need to do in order to stop Windows 10 automatic updates. If you don’t check this, then your computer will automatically download and install updates for all of Microsoft’s software products such as Bing, OneDrive, etc.
Click on Delivery Optimization and Click Advanced Options
Now that you’ve followed the steps above, it’s time to disable Delivery Optimization and get updates from your local network.
Click on Delivery Optimization and click Advanced Options.
Then check the box for “Optimize for bandwidth usage”. By doing this, you’re telling Windows 10 to only use the bandwidth of your own local network when downloading updates. This is a great way to save bandwidth and avoid high-data charges from your internet provider!
Disable the Toggle Next to Turn on Metered Connection
- From the Start menu, click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced Options.
- Disable the toggle next to Turn on Metered Connection
we have seen how to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10. I hope that you found this guide useful, if so please leave a comment below. If you have other ways of turning off auto-updates, let us know by leaving a comment below.
If you like this article, check out others like it:
The 7 Best Gaming Keyboards in 2022
Best Gaming Keyboards Gaming keyboards don’t differ much from standard keyboards—they look similar and use the same layout. The main...
10 Best VR Games in 2022
What are VR Games? Virtual reality games, or VR games for short, are video games that can be played with...
10 Most Popular Esports Games (2022)
What are Esports Games? Esports games are competitive video games played by professional players for entertainment purposes. Esports is a...
18 Best Racing Movies to Watch on Netflix (2022)
While some people might think of Netflix as a way to get your fix on reality TV shows, there are...
The 16 Best Baseball Video Games You Should Play
Baseball is one of the oldest sports in America, and it’s been played for over 150 years. With so many...
11 Best Detective TV Series on Netflix (2022)
When you watch detective TV shows, you’re watching a story about the triumph of good over evil. The show’s characters...
15 Sports Movies on Amazon Prime (2022)
The world of movies is massive, and it’s hard to know where to start. Luckily for you, we’ve got a...
The 15 Best Black Family Movies on Netflix (2022)
The best family movie night is one you can enjoy with your loved ones. The Netflix lineup has a great...