You can find your AirPods by using the Find My iPhone app!
Luckily, you can use the Find My iPhone app to locate your missing AirPods. Here’s how it’s done:
- Download the Find My iPhone app from the App Store if you don’t already have it on your phone. The app is free and also works on Mac, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Open the app and log in with your Apple ID and password (you don’t need to have your lost AirPods or any other device with you).
- In the top right corner of the screen, click “Devices” at the top right corner of the screen. Your devices will appear under this list; select whichever one has gone missing. If using an iOS 10 device, select “Actions” instead of selecting a specific device, then choose which device to track from there.
- Click “Play Sound.” A sound will play until you find your AirPods—or until they run out of battery life! (If they’re dead or simply not within Bluetooth range, this won’t work.)
Make sure your AirPods are connected to iCloud. You will need to set up your AirPods to use Find My iPhone
Once you have your AirPods set up to use Find My iPhone, all you need to do is open the Find My iPhone app on your device and follow these steps:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for your iPhone. You can find details on how to do this here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201205
- Put your AirPods in their case and make sure that the case has a charge.
- Open the Find My app, which should be preinstalled on your iPhone or iPad (or download it from the App Store).
- Tap Action in the bottom right corner of the screen, then tap “Find [name of product].”
- If only one of your AirPods is missing, you will see a list of all Apple products connected to your iCloud account and can choose which product you’d like to locate by tapping its name in blue text (iPhones will tell you whether they’re online or offline under their names; other devices such as laptops and tablets will display either “online” or “offline” underneath them). If both are lost, they will appear together on a map as long as they are within the range of each other and not far apart.
Open Find My iPhone on another iOS device or sign in to iCloud.com/find
To find your AirPods with your iPhone, you’ll need to use the Find My iPhone app. Make sure that your AirPods are connected to iCloud. If this is not set up, you will need to set it up before continuing.
- Open the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device or sign in to iCloud.com/find on a Mac or PC.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- In the Find My iPhone app or the web browser, click “All Devices” at the top of the screen. Then select your missing AirPods from the list of devices available on that account.
Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing AirPods.
When your AirPods go missing, Find My iPhone can help you locate them.
You can use any Apple device with the Find My iPhone app installed to find your AirPods. When you log into the app, it will show you a map of your last known location, which can be helpful when trying to remember where they were last seen on your person. The map will also display battery levels for each earbud, and if they’re connected to your phone or device via Bluetooth at the time of activation it will display their current location by placing an indicator dot right on the map. If they’re not connected to Bluetooth, it will show their location from the time that the last connection was made.
Lost Mode will lock your AirPods with a passcode so they cannot be used
Finally, if you’re unable to find your AirPods and you don’t want anyone else using them, you can lock them with a passcode so they cannot be accessed without it.
To do this, tap the “Enable Lost Mode” button and then enter a passcode.
You will need to authenticate your changes by entering your Apple ID password.
The person who finds your AirPods will see a message on their iPhone or iPad that tells them how to contact you using the information that was entered when setting up Find My iPhone for the headphones (see above). They will not be able to use your headphones until they contact you.
Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
To play a sound on one or both of your AirPods, do the following:
- Open the Find My iPhone app.
- Tap Play Sound.
The sound plays until you find your AirPods and put them in your ear. The sound plays even if your AirPods are in their case. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 13 or later, the Find My app combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends into a single app that includes all of their features.
In the worst case, you can erase your AirPods and even set up a new pair
If you still can’t find your AirPods, you might have to erase them from all of your devices. If you have Find My iPhone installed and enabled on all of your devices, you can use it to erase your AirPods, just like any other device.
- Open the Find My iPhone app. It’s a white icon with a green radar-like beacon in it. You’ll usually find it on the home screen.
- Tap Devices at the top of the screen, then tap your AirPods in the list below. They should appear above other connected Apple devices such as your iPad and Macbook Pro laptop because they’re wireless headphones that connect to other iPhone and Apple products via Bluetooth rather than through a USB cable or adapters like other Apple accessories such as an Apple Watch or Magic Mouse keyboard.
- Tap Erase This Device at the bottom of the screen if you’ve found them but aren’t able to get close enough to pick them up without triggering another alarm sound like a police siren or ambulance for someone else nearby who may be able to retrieve them better than yourself due to an injury that prevents maneuvering around as easily (e.g., broken leg/ankle). This will delete everything stored on your AirPods (including things like music) and reset them back into factory condition with any passcodes removed so they can be synced again with another iPhone if desired at down later date once recovered safely by someone who can move around more freely (e.g., friends/family member). Keep reading below for details about erasing your AirPod data before setting up another pair instead — because maybe those were only temporary replacements while waiting until lost ones were returned!
If you lose one of your AirPods, don’t panic! You can find it!
Even if you’re usually extremely careful with your AirPods, there’s always the chance that you might misplace one. Don’t panic! There are some quick steps you can take to find it, and prevent lost headphones from happening again in the future.
The first step is to use the Find My iPhone app. If your AirPod is within range of an iOS device signed in to iCloud, this app will let you play a sound on it so that you can locate it more easily. If you don’t have access to an iOS device right away, or if your AirPod isn’t nearby, use Lost Mode to lock your AirPod and add a phone number where you can be reached.
10 Best Car Racing Games for Nintendo Switch (2022)
The Nintendo Switch is known for its various games, including racing titles. While the Switch doesn’t have a ton of...
10 Best Naked Motorcycles in the World
Motorcycles are a beautiful thing, but they’re even better when they’re naked. The beauty of the naked motorcycle is that...
13 Best Anime Like Naruto to Watch on Netflix
If you’re a fan of anime, then you’ve probably heard of Naruto. It’s one of the most popular anime series...
The SIMS 5 Release Date, Rumors, Leaks, News & Official Trailer
The Sims 5 has been a long-awaited release by many franchise fans. The game will be released later in the...
Great Lakes Student Loans Review: Is It Real or Fake?
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services is a student loan servicer with over 5 million borrowers. The company has been in...
How Many Credit Cards is Too Many to Have?
Credit cards are good, but given how complex the credit card system is and operates, you may need multiple credit...
How to Fill Out a Money Order: A Step-by-Step Guide
Money orders are a convenient way to pay for goods and services. The recipient of the money order can cash...
iCollege GSU Guide and How to Use It
iCollege is a web-based application that allows Georgia State students to manage their academic, financial and personal information. It also...