A Chromecast is a small device that plugs into one of your TV’s HDMI ports. It allows you to play videos from any website on your TV screen.
It’s perfect for watching movies and shows from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, and even local content using Plex.
Unpack Chromecast and Check for Bundle
- Unpack Chromecast and check for bundle
- Check that the following items are included in your box:
- Chromecast device
- USB power cable (not shown)
- If you don’t have everything, contact Google support at https://support.google.com/chromecast#contact_us_box or call 1-855-802-0022 to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You’ll also want to make sure that your WiFi network is correctly set up—the setup process will tell you if it isn’t ready yet, but we recommend checking for yourself just in case!
- Connect Chromecast to an HDMI port on your television or monitor using a standard HDMI cable before powering your TV or monitor to prevent damage from static electricity buildup. If you’re plugging in directly into an outlet without a surge protector between them, plug the power adapter into an outlet first, then connect it all together afterward, so there’s less chance of shorting out anything with static electricity buildup while connecting things together chemically through physical contact (i.e., touching anything at this point).
Once the Chromecast has been plugged into your TV, you’ll need to find its HDMI port and connect it to your wireless network. You can do this by using a WiFi extender if necessary.
You’ll also want to make sure that your Chromecast has power; plug it into an outlet or use the USB cable included with the device (if one is not provided).
Download the Google Home App
- Download the Google Home app on your device.
- Make sure you have a Chromecast device plugged into your TV. You can use the same WiFi network as the Chromecast to set it up or use an Ethernet cable if your router is far away from your TV.
- Sign in with your Google Account and follow the steps to install and set up your Chromecast device. You’ll be prompted to name it so that you can quickly identify it later, then confirm that you’re ready for “casting” (send content from another device).
Set up Chromecast with the Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app, then tap the Menu button (the three vertical dots).
- You’ll see your Chromecast devices listed under “Devices.” Tap on your Chromecast name to open its settings, or tap on the 3-dots icon next to it and choose “Settings.”
- Here you can give your device a custom name, which is useful when you have multiple Chromecasts around the house — or if you just want to make sure everyone knows which one is yours! You can also change its color here if that’s something that interests you (or if it matches your decor better than black). This will only affect how it looks in this interface, not everywhere else!
- Tap Connected Devices at the top of this page and check that your WiFi network has been selected under “Network switches.” If not, select it from the list of available networks and enter the password into each field for security purposes before clicking Save at the bottom of the screen.
Set Up Chromecast Audio with the Google Home App
To set up your Chromecast Audio with the Google Home app:
- Connect your Chromecast Audio to the same network as your computer or smartphone.
- Open the Google Home app on your phone.
- Select the device settings icon in the top right of any screen.
- Choose the room where you want to place your speaker, then follow the instructions to complete the setup!
With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite content on your TV.
With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite content on your TV. Just follow these instructions:
- Plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port on your TV and power it with the included USB cable.
- Download and install the Google Home app from the App Store or Play Store; sign in with your Google account credentials and any other accounts you wish to use with Chromecast (like Netflix).
- Once it’s set up, select “Devices” in the bottom menu bar of the Home app and choose “Cast Screen/Audio.” This will let you mirror anything that appears on your device onto your television screen so that others can see what’s going on too!
Once you’ve followed the steps in this article, you should be ready to get started with your new Google Chromecast. It’s easy to install and use, so go ahead and give it a try!
When you’re ready to watch your favorite content on your TV, simply plug the device into any HDMI port. Then download the Google Home app for iOS or Android by searching for it in either Apple’s App Store or Google Play. Once installed on your mobile phone or tablet, follow these instructions:
- Open up the Google Home app on your device. You may need to sign in to your Google account if this is the first time using it for casting purposes.
- Select “Streaming devices” from under “Devices” in the main menu bar (or from a drop-down menu). This will show all of the streaming devices currently connected to WiFi networks within their location range; choose yours by sliding over until its name lights up green—this means it is selected—and tap “Next.” It may take several seconds before anything happens next, so don’t worry if nothing shows up right away!
If you like this article, check out others like it:
16 Best Dancing Movies to Watch on Netflix
Netflix is a treasure trove of movies, and with so many genres to choose from, sometimes it’s hard to decide...
Virgin River (TV Series) Cast and Their Roles
The Virgin River novels written by Robyn Carr served as inspiration for an American romantic drama streaming television series called...
The 7 Best Gaming Keyboards in 2023
Best Gaming Keyboards Gaming keyboards don’t differ much from standard keyboards—they look similar and use the same layout. The main...
10 Best VR Games in 2023
What are VR Games? Virtual reality games, or VR games for short, are video games that can be played with...
10 Most Popular Esports Games (2023)
What are Esports Games? Esports games are competitive video games played by professional players for entertainment purposes. Esports is a...
18 Best Racing Movies to Watch on Netflix (2023)
While some people might think of Netflix as a way to get your fix on reality TV shows, there are...
The 16 Best Baseball Video Games You Should Play
Baseball is one of the oldest sports in America, and it’s been played for over 150 years. With so many...
11 Best Detective TV Series on Netflix (2023)
When you watch detective TV shows, you’re watching a story about the triumph of good over evil. The show’s characters...