Wouldn’t it be nice if you could turn off the sleep mode on your iPhone? If you want to know how to do this, read on!
There are times when you might want to turn off sleep mode on your iPhone. Maybe you want to keep the time displayed while your phone is in your pocket, or you find the sleep mode too short even at its most extended setting, or you are tired of receiving calls and not noticing them.
This post explains how to turn off sleep mode on an iPhone. There are a few different solutions that involve quite a few steps and will be time-consuming, but there are shortcuts, too; enjoy!
What is Sleep Mode on iPhone?
How do you disable sleep mode on an iPhone? First, it helps to know what sleep mode is. This is also known as airplane mode. It turns off the ability of your phone to make or receive calls, texts, and data. That includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well. You can do this individually by going into your settings and turning them all off, but airplane mode does that in one fell swoop.
So how can you tell if this is on? Look at the top of your screen for a small plane icon (or the crescent moon if turned on through the Control Center). If that’s not showing up, then it’s not active!
How to Turn Off Sleep Mode From the Control Center
There are two different ways to turn off Sleep Mode on your iPhone. The first way is to use the Control Center on your home screen. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s display (or swipe down from the upper right corner on the iPhone X and later). This opens the Control Center.
Tap the Sleep Mode icon to change from yellow to white, meaning Sleep Mode is now disabled.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Control Center.
- Tap the sleep mode icon to disable it (it will turn white instead of yellow).
- When the Sleep icon changes to Focus, Sleep Mode is off because you have turned off the sleep mode app, and that’s how you turn off sleep mode on iPhone with the control center!
Note** On the iPhone X and above, swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control center. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to quickly access the control center on the iPhone 8, iPhone SE, and earlier, and also Apple Watch.
How to Turn Off Sleep Mode From the Health App
To turn off Sleep Mode from the Health app:
- Open the Health app on your iPhone.
- Tap Browse in the lower right corner.
- In the Browse screen, scroll down and tap on the Sleep section.
- Tap on the Sleep Mode option under the heading “Sleep Options” to switch it off temporarily or permanently.
- You will be presented with two options: Permanently (Always On) and Temporarily (Until Tomorrow). If you choose Temporarily, your device will exit Sleep mode shortly before you wake up in the morning based on your wake-up time and bedtime as set by Apple Watch or iPhone sleep tracking data (if you don’t use an Apple Watch for sleep monitoring, a default of 8 hours is used for each night’s sleep). If you choose Permanently, tapping Turn Off at the bottom of this screen will disable any future automatic switching into Sleep Mode, no matter what time it is when you open this menu!
Shortcut to Turn Off Sleep Mode on iPhone
To turn off Sleep Mode on your iPhone, use a shortcut:
- Press and hold the power button until a slider appears.
- Release the power button and tap Cancel, then press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Your device will restart, turning off Sleep Mode in the process.
Shortcut to Turn Off Sleep Mode On Your Lock Screen
If you’re using an iPhone but don’t always have time to visit your settings, there’s also a quick shortcut for you to use.
- On your iPhone’s lock screen, tap Dismiss.
- Tap the bed icon. You can find it at the very bottom of the screen on newer iPhones, and the top left corner of the screen on older iPhones.
- Enter your PIN if prompted.
- Tap Sleep.
- Sleep Mode will be disabled immediately.
Your iPhone’s Sleep Mode Will Stay Disabled.
Once you do this, sleep mode will stay disabled on your iPhone. You’ll be able to see your iPhone’s screen at all times without having to press the power button every few minutes. If you want to turn sleep mode back on, just return to these steps and switch the slider to green.
Final Wrap Up
This brings us to the end of our how to turn off sleep mode on iPhone article. We hope that you were able to learn how to fix your problem by yourself.
That’s it! You now know how to turn off sleep mode on your iPhone, and you should be able to rest easy knowing that your phone won’t unexpectedly shut off on you.
10 Best Time Clocking and Employee Payroll System (2022)
Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, time tracking and payroll systems are the backbones of your business....
Is There a Romance System in Triangle Strategy Game?
The Romance system in the triangle strategy game is exciting to discuss. The triangle is one of the most popular...
The Best Firestick Apps for New Movies (2022)
The Firestick is a fantastic piece of technology. With its development, it has become a best-selling product. It is trendy...
Online Snooker Game with Friends: Where to Play for Free (2022)
Online Snooker is one of the best games to play with friends. You can play this game online and enjoy...
The 15 Best Flight Simulator Games for PS5, PS4, Xbox One & PC
Flight simulation games have been around for years, but they’ve only recently become more accessible due to better technology and...
Google Snake Game: Where to Play Online
The Google Snake Game is a classic game that was first released in 2017 as a remake of the snake...
10 Best Naked Motorcycles in the World
Motorcycles are a beautiful thing, but they’re even better when they’re naked. The beauty of the naked motorcycle is that...
10 AARP Free Games Available to Play Online with Friends (2022)
AARP Free Games presents an impressive collection of online games. The website hosts various classic titles, including dominoes, blackjack, and...