Ever feel like you are being followed around everywhere? Well, that’s because they probably are!
And while it might be nice to know what parts of town you’re spending money in, chances are you want some privacy every now and then. That’s where Incognito mode comes in. Incognito mode for Google Maps won’t let Google record your searches, location history, or save places that you’ve visited. And the best part? You can do it all from the comfort of your own home! Just follow these easy steps…
What is Incognito Mode?
Incognito Mode is a privacy feature that prevents your activity on websites from being stored on your device or in your Google account.
It’s not private browsing, but rather a way to prevent your activity on websites from being stored on your device or in your Google account.
Open the Google Maps App on your Android Device or iPhone.
To turn on Incognito mode in Google Maps, you first have to open the app. This can be done through either your Android device or iPhone:
- On Android devices, tap the Google Maps app icon and then tap Open.
- On iPhones, tap More and then tap Open.
Tap the Profile Icon in the Upper-right Corner of the Screen
To turn on Incognito Mode in Google Maps, follow these steps:
- Tap the profile icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Find and tap “Settings” (If you’re using an Android device, you may need to tap “Account & Privacy”) from this menu.
- Scroll down and select “Privacy” from this menu. Note that your version of Google Maps may have a different name for this option depending on what version you have installed!
On the Next Screen, Tap “Turn on Incognito Mode” to Confirm
- On the next screen, tap “Turn on Incognito Mode” to confirm.
- You’ll see a mask appear at the top of your screen and a message confirming that you’re now in Incognito Mode.
- To turn off Incognito Mode, tap the profile icon on the home screen and then tap Turn off Incognito Mode.
Go Back to the Home Screen of the Google Maps App and Tap the Profile Icon Again. You’ll See a Mask that Indicates You’ve Enabled Incognito Mode.
To turn off Incognito Mode, simply tap the profile icon in the upper right corner of your Google Maps app and tap “Turn off Incognito Mode.”
You’ll be returned to normal mode with a confirmation message.
Turn on Incognito Mode on Google Maps for Privacy When You Look for Sensitive Information
Incognito mode has been around for a while, but many people still don’t know what it is or how to use it. It’s an easy way to collect information without leaving a trail of your activities. You can use Incognito mode on Google Maps for any number of purposes including:
- Collecting information about someone else without them knowing
- Looking up personal things like your address, phone number, and more
- Getting directions home via public transportation that you don’t want anyone else seeing
Now that you know the basics of incognito mode, you can make the most of this feature on both your desktop and mobile device. It’s hard to imagine a world without Google Maps, and now with the incognito mode, it’s even more useful than ever!