Being an entrepreneur is no joke. It’s a challenging journey that will require you to be bold and brave in the face of adversity. But what if there were movies that could help you prepare for some of those challenges? What if there were lessons from the silver screen that could give you insight into life as an entrepreneur? If so, check out our list of the Best Movies for Entrepreneurs:
1. The Pursuit of Happyness
This is a 2006 American biographical drama film based on entrepreneur Chris Gardner’s nearly one-year struggle being homeless. The film stars Will Smith as Gardner, Josh Brolin as his son, and Thandie Newton as Gardner’s wife. The film was produced by Columbia Pictures, with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment, and was released on December 15, 2006, in the United States. It received positive reviews from critics who praised Will Smith’s performance and the movie’s emotional impact. This is considered one of the best movies for entrepreneurs.
2. Guru (2007)
The movie is an inspirational story of an Indian businessman coming to the United States to make a fortune. It shows his struggles and the lessons he learns along the way.
The film’s main character, Guru, struggles with issues like communication barriers and cultural differences when he first arrives in America. But by being open-minded and willing to learn from his mistakes, Guru eventually succeeds in building a successful business empire. This is one movie that every entrepreneur should watch before setting foot on American soil!
3. The Social Network
- The Social Network is a 2010 American drama film directed by David Fincher and written by Aaron Sorkin. It stars Jesse Eisenberg as founder Mark Zuckerberg, along with Andrew Garfield as Eduardo Saverin and Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker. Based on the social networking website Facebook, the film depicts the founding of Facebook and the resulting lawsuits.
- In 2012, The Social Network won awards for Best Film Editing at both the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) and Golden Globe Awards; Best Writing (Original Screenplay) at BAFTA; Best Picture at Golden Globes; Best Director at BAFTAs, Globes & Academy Awards; Best Adapted Screenplay at Academy Awards; and Best Actor (Eisenberg) & Supporting Actress (Rooney Mara) nods for the same categories.
Jobs is a 2013 biographical drama film directed by Joshua Michael Stern. The screenplay by Matt Whiteley is based on the authorized biography of Steve Jobs written by Walter Isaacson. It stars Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs, Josh Gad as Apple Inc. co-founder Steve Wozniak and Dermot Mulroney as former CEO John Sculley. It follows the events leading up to the launch of the Macintosh personal computer in 1984 and subsequent developments that followed during his exile from Apple.
The film was released on August 16, 2013, at the Telluride Film Festival and was released in select theaters on August 16 and 25, 2013. It was released HD digitally on iTunes Store on April 6, 2014, and on Blu-ray/DVD on May 20, 2014.
It was also shown at AFI Film Festival 2013. In 1996 Steven (Kutcher) left Reed College without graduating because he couldn’t handle the pressure. He begins working at an internet company called Progressive Grocer, founded by Paul Terrell.
After seeing him perform in a play, Steven’s boss hires him as an actor to star in commercials for their product line “OOO.” While working there, Steven meets Chrisann Brennan, who becomes pregnant with his child.
He eventually quits after being given no credit for his work despite creating most of it himself, including writing scripts for them from scratch, which makes Chrisann furious since she knew what it meant for him to quit since he wasn’t getting paid enough before. Hence, she starts yelling at her boss about how much Steven helped out with this specific project and their overall branding strategy, which angers him so much that he fires her, too, without thinking twice about it!
At one point during this period, when he’s still living with his parents after dropping out of college like any typical twenty-year-old male would do, according to my friend Sarah who lived there herself once upon a time back when she was younger
5. The Founder (2016)
This movie is about the McDonald’s Corporation and its origin. This biographical film tells the story of Ray Kroc and his journey to becoming one of the biggest names in fast food. It shows how he turned a small business into an international brand through hard work and perseverance. The Founder is one of the best movies for entrepreneurs.
6. The Wolf of Wall Street
If you’ve seen The Wolf of Wall Street, you know it’s a movie about lack of self-control and greed. However, there are also several other themes that can be applied to entrepreneurs: risk-taking, lack of integrity, honesty, responsibility, and empathy. In short—the movie teaches us everything we need to know about being an entrepreneur!
Here are some key lessons from the movie:
- Lack of self-control: In the film, Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio) is portrayed as a highly successful stockbroker who spends his time partying with drugs, alcohol, and sex. Despite having no formal education or qualifications in business, he makes millions by ‘pumping up stocks,’ which means getting people excited about buying stocks but never actually making any money. If he had just been more disciplined, then perhaps he would have been able to grow his company instead of going bankrupt after being arrested for fraud in 1998?
- Greed: Greed causes many businessmen and women to become corrupt, especially when they start accumulating wealth beyond their needs due to their success at work – this creates an unhealthy relationship between money/success/power which leads them down paths where they feel justified overstepping moral boundaries because they deserve it after all those years working hard!
7. Rocket Singh-Salesmen of the Year
Rocket Singh is a movie about a young man who wants to be a salesman. The movie shows his journey from being an amateur salesman to becoming one of the best salesmen in the country.
The film is a treat for all those who want to learn about salesmanship and human psychology, as it provides valuable lessons on how we can take benefit of people’s weaknesses to achieve our goals. It also shows us how we can use our strengths and weaknesses in our professional life without compromising our values or ethics.
In addition, Rocket Singh-Salesmen of the Year also highlights that success never comes easy; it requires hard work, patience, perseverance, and solid determination. Seeing his passion for selling products he likes makes him realize that he has found his calling in life, which motivates him to work harder towards achieving his goal despite facing numerous challenges.
Lessons Learnt from these Movies
- Importance of Entrepreneurship
- Risk Taking
- Passion and Hard Work are Essential for Success. The importance of vision is crucial for success as well as patience.
I hope this article has given you a new insight into how movies can help you in your business. This is just the beginning of the list, and there are many more movies that entrepreneurs and business owners should watch.
16 Best Dancing Movies to Watch on Netflix
Netflix is a treasure trove of movies, and with so many genres to choose from, sometimes it’s hard to decide...
Virgin River (TV Series) Cast and Their Roles
The Virgin River novels written by Robyn Carr served as inspiration for an American romantic drama streaming television series called...
The 7 Best Gaming Keyboards in 2023
Best Gaming Keyboards Gaming keyboards don’t differ much from standard keyboards—they look similar and use the same layout. The main...
10 Best VR Games in 2023
What are VR Games? Virtual reality games, or VR games for short, are video games that can be played with...
10 Most Popular Esports Games (2023)
What are Esports Games? Esports games are competitive video games played by professional players for entertainment purposes. Esports is a...
18 Best Racing Movies to Watch on Netflix (2023)
While some people might think of Netflix as a way to get your fix on reality TV shows, there are...
The 16 Best Baseball Video Games You Should Play
Baseball is one of the oldest sports in America, and it’s been played for over 150 years. With so many...
11 Best Detective TV Series on Netflix (2023)
When you watch detective TV shows, you’re watching a story about the triumph of good over evil. The show’s characters...