While Microsoft has made some considerable changes to Windows over the years, sometimes it’s more minor tweaks that make the most significant impact. Windows 10 is no different, with plenty of little tricks and hidden features that can help you get things done more efficiently.
- The X-box app allows you to stream games from your Xbox One (console) to your PC (laptop or desktop.) You can also use this feature to play multiplayer games over a network or the internet. It should be noted that this feature is only available on PCs running at least 8 GB of RAM and a DirectX 12 capable graphics card.
- Using Cortana, Microsoft’s virtual assistant, on both Windows 10 and your mobile phone will allow you to sync up information between devices; for example, you can set reminders on one device and have them pop up on another. This makes managing tasks across multiple platforms more accessible than ever before!
- Another hidden gem in Windows 10 is Game DVR which lets users record gameplay footage from their favorite video games for sharing with friends later or saving as memories forever!
1. Use The X-box App To Stream Games From Your Xbox One To Your PC
You can stream games from your Xbox One to your PC. This is an excellent feature if you have both devices and don’t want to be tied down by wires or just need a bigger screen to watch a movie or play your favorite game.
If you’re trying to do this, but it isn’t working, make sure that:
- You have an Xbox Live account (you’ll need this for the first time)
- The Xbox app is running on both devices (you’ll also need this for the first time)
- Both devices are on the same network
2. View Web Activity And Junk Files To Let You Know What’s Slowing Down Your Computer
To see what’s slowing down your computer, go to Settings > Privacy > Web activity.
This will show you all the websites that have been visited in the last 30 days—and it’s not just about seeing a list of URLs either.
You’ll also get information about how often each site was viewed and for how long.
You can also clear this data by clicking Clear web activity at the bottom of the page. There are four options:
- Cookies and site data (if you want to delete all cookies associated with Windows 10)
- Browsing history (if you want to delete all browsing history associated with Windows 10)
- Recent documents (if you want to clear out files stored on your device from apps that save them locally)
3. Windows 10 Has a Feature That Will Allow You to Pause Updates for Some Time
If you find that Windows updates are slowing down your internet connection, or if you are on a metered connection and want to save bandwidth, there’s a way to take control of when updates happen.
To pause updates:
- Open the Settings app from your Start Menu or taskbar.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Choose how updates are delivered.
- Uncheck “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows,” then click Save changes. This will stop all automatic delivery of new builds and rollups until you manually check for them again using this method (or until they’re required).
4. Cortana Can Sync Up With Your Android or iOS Phone to Provide You With a Truly Helpful Virtual Assistant
One of Cortana’s best features is that she can sync up with your Android or iOS device to provide you with a beneficial virtual assistant.
You can ask Cortana to send texts and make reminders, find restaurants, book hotel rooms, and more—all from the comfort of your own home.
And because Windows 10 Mobile has been integrated into Cortana on these other devices, it’s just as easy and intuitive as it would be if you were using an actual Windows 10 phone (or tablet!).
If you have an Android or iOS device nearby, when you ask Cortana for help—and let’s face it: who doesn’t?—she’ll automatically connect them so that her answers are delivered straight from her cloud-based system instead of being read aloud by Alexa or Siri.
5. A ‘god Mode’ Folder Exists That Gives You Access To All Of The Control Panels On Your Computer
If you’ve ever wanted to access all of the control panels on your computer from one place, God Mode is for you.
To access God Mode, press Win+G and click on “God Mode” in the folder that appears.
The folder will look like any other folder until you hover over its contents with your mouse cursor.
Then, a list of all the Control Panel options available in Windows 10 will appear—and it’s a lot!
6. Windows 10 Groups Tasks Into Virtual Desktops, So It’s Easier To Organize Open Windows, Tasks, And Applications
Windows 10 includes a virtual desktop management feature that is essentially Microsoft’s version of a window manager.
The feature allows you to organize your open apps, windows, and tasks into separate desktops.
You can create as many virtual desktops as your computer’s memory can handle—the more virtual desktops you have, the more stuff you can have open at once without slowing down your system or overloading your resources.
And while Windows 8 just created new full-screen apps on the fly when switching between screens (using Alt+Tab), Windows 10 groups tasks into separate windows instead of creating entirely new applications with each switch.
This means that if one app has multiple closed windows all over its interface, they’ll all be grouped when it switches screens or types another app name into Alt+Tab, for example; this makes it easier to find what you’re looking for because there aren’t any gaps between applications anymore.
7. Windows Ink Allows Users To Take Notes On Their Tablets
Microsoft has included a new Windows Ink feature in its latest operating system, Windows 10. While the name may sound intimidating or complex, it’s pretty simple: Windows Ink allows users to take notes on their tablets using the same stylus that ships with most Surface devices.
Most people are used to typing on their laptops and tablets, but what about when you need a pen instead? If you’ve ever wanted something more natural than typing with your fingers or using an onscreen keyboard, this is what you’ve been waiting for! Install the Surface Pen app from Microsoft Store
8. New Keyboard Shortcuts
Windows 10 has a lot of keyboard shortcuts that you can use to do things more quickly. For example, if you want to open the Start menu with its default view, press the Windows key and the letter “M” simultaneously. If you want to quickly switch between your open apps, press Alt + Tab.
For some programs, there are specific shortcuts you may not have known about before: for example, if you’re using Google Chrome—the web browser built into Windows 10—pressing Ctrl + Shift + J will let you open developer tools without having first opened them from the Settings app or Control Panel.
Knowing and using these features to their full potential can help you get the most out of your Windows 10 experience. Windows is constantly improving the operating system, so users need to keep up with these improvements and how they can benefit from them.
Online Snooker Game with Friends: Where to Play for Free (2022)
Online Snooker is one of the best games to play with friends. You can play this game online and enjoy...
The 15 Best Flight Simulator Games for PS5, PS4, Xbox One & PC
Flight simulation games have been around for years, but they’ve only recently become more accessible due to better technology and...
Google Snake Game: Where to Play Online (2022)
The Google Snake Game is a classic game that was first released in 2017 as a remake of the snake...
10 Best Naked Motorcycles in the World
Motorcycles are a beautiful thing, but they’re even better when they’re naked. The beauty of the naked motorcycle is that...
10 AARP Free Games Available to Play Online with Friends (2022)
AARP Free Games presents an impressive collection of online games. The website hosts various classic titles, including dominoes, blackjack, and...
The Best Pokemon Crystal Cheats (GameShark Codes)
The Pokemon Crystal game is a classic that many players remember playing when they were younger. It’s also a great...
What Channel is the NFL Game on Tonight?
Viewers will have more options than ever to watch NFL games this season. Here’s a breakdown of how you can...
Top 10 Video Games with Nudity in 2022
Regarding video games, nudity and sexuality are usually used to reward players who’ve unlocked certain characters or beaten hidden levels...